09/30: Relax And Enjoy

September 30th, 2007 GAME THREAD
Minnesota Twins (78-83) @ Boston Red Sox (96-65)
Matt Garza (4-7, 3.92) @ Julian Tavarez (7-10, 5.06)
2:05 PM EDT at Fenway Park (Boston, MA)
TV: NESN | RADIO: WRKO 680, WROL (Sp.)

PRIOR GAME VS. MIN: Boston 6 vs. Minnesota 4 on 9/29/07
DECISION: W: Tim Wakefield l L: Nick Blackburn l S: Hideki Okajima
STAR OF THE GAME: J.D. Drew- 4 AB, 3 H, 2 R, 3 RBI, GW 3-R HR in 7th
RED SOX’S PREVIOUS GAME: Boston 6 vs. Minnesota 4 on 9/29/07

GAME NOTES: With homefield wrapped up, there’s not much to play for today. It should be the one relaxing game left before the new season begins on Wednesday.

Projected Playoff Rotation:
Wednesday 10/3: Beckett vs. Lackey
Friday 10/5: Schilling vs. Escobar
Sunday 10/7: Matsuzaka vs. Weaver
Monday 10/8: Beckett vs. Lackey
Wednesday 10/10: Schilling vs. Escobar
All game times TBD.

Categories: Game Threads Julian Tavarez Matt Garza Minnesota Twins

7 Responses to “09/30: Relax And Enjoy” Subscribe

1. Troy September 30, 2007 at 9:07 AM #

"Why not us" Again!

2. Daniel Rathman September 30, 2007 at 11:01 AM #

I think Tavarez is pitching himself right out of a playoff roster spot.

3. Steven Roth September 30, 2007 at 1:26 PM #

I pray that Wednesday's game is at 7pm!

4. Joe September 30, 2007 at 6:56 PM #

My guess is we'll be the 8PM game. Boston/Los Angeles is a pretty big market game for TV. We'll probably be 4PM on Friday with the Yankees being prime time as required by FCC law.

5. Michael Edelman September 30, 2007 at 7:29 PM #

Any idea when the times will be announced? We won't have to wait for that playoff to be over, will we? Colorado and San Diego are both small markets so it shouldn't matter who wins.

6. Daniel Rathman September 30, 2007 at 7:36 PM #

And either way, San Diego/Colorado would be playing at Philly in Games 1-2, and then at SD/COL in Games 3-4. I'm guessing that the Sox will play at 8pm on Weds and 4pm on Fri, but I'm not sure, since the Yanks probably won't get the primetime game on consecutive days.
    I'm just going to savor the ALDS — Tim McCarver on a near-daily basis after that just scares the color right off my face.

7. Mr Furious September 30, 2007 at 8:43 PM #