4/22 G1: Afternoon delight

A doubleheader is in effect today. Wonder how many empty seats we'll see at the park -- see Sean O's comment on how the Red Sox bent over fans that were supposed to be at the game.

Minnesota Twins (7-7) @ Boston Red Sox (7-6)
Scott Baker (0-1, 13.50) @ Tim Wakefield (1-1, 3.00)
12:35 PM EDT | Fenway Park (Boston, MA)
TV: NESN RADIO: WRKO 680, SBN 1150

GAME NOTES
: A doubleheader is in effect today. Wonder how many empty seats we’ll see at the park — see Sean O’s comment on how the Red Sox bent over fans that were supposed to be at the game.

Categories: Game Threads Minnesota Twins Scott Baker Tim Wakefield

14 Responses to “4/22 G1: Afternoon delight” Subscribe

1. Tom A. April 22, 2009 at 9:33 AM #

Good game so far! Nice to see some power from Ellsbury. Let's hope that Wake can keep up his efficient start.

2. Shane April 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM #

So is Wake still considered worthless?

3. Evan April 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM #

I vote no.

4. Tom A. April 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM #

Let's ask Marcos!

5. Sean O April 22, 2009 at 11:01 AM #

Just as an update on how much my life sucks:
    I had to skip the day game today because of work. When I got into work today, our system is 100% down, so I may get to leave right now as the game is ending. And there was no need for me to come in today, because we couldn't get anything done anyway.
    I am speechless.

6. Sean O April 22, 2009 at 12:22 PM #

They’re not getting away with it. I work at a box office and I know all the ins and outs, and I’m not going to let them screw over people like me who did nothing to deserve this treatment. God help them if they even think about doing the same for tonight’s game.

7. Tom A. April 22, 2009 at 12:31 PM #

Well they called the game…10-1 complete game victory for Wake. This seems like a good outcome for both the Sox and the Twins. Lets both teams not waste anymore pitchers or risk getting people hurt.

8. Wooden U. Lykteneau April 22, 2009 at 12:55 PM #

Sean O. – To which address should we send cheese to go with your whine?

9. Sean O April 22, 2009 at 1:28 PM #

blow me, child. Maybe some day when you're all grown up you can afford tickets.

10. Tom A. April 22, 2009 at 1:38 PM #

If I had a Sox ticket for every whining, sarcastic, or caustic remark from Wooden, I would have season tickets by now.
    Do you ever have anything productive to say or do you just like hypocritically complaining about everyone else's lack of substance?

11. Joe April 22, 2009 at 3:53 PM #

Sean O you're just a crybaby little bitch.
    And I don't need to blow you, I have my own season tickets.
    On a consistent basis you sound like a spoiled little 7 year old who needs a spanking.

12. Sean O April 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM #

You'd like to see another dude spanked, right? Psychotic little twerp.

13. Gerry April 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM #

And THIS is the happy conversation after the Sox SWEEP two teams, get their bats together, and arms together, and move into a 2nd place tie with the Yankees before starting 3 games at Fenway against them Friday . . . with Lester vs. Joba, Beckett vs. AJ, Masterson (young Pettite?) vs. on fire Pettite?????? I have missed half the games due to work and other commitments. However, I also saw half the games, and they were great.

14. Sean O April 22, 2009 at 9:50 PM #

Likewise Gerry, I saw half the games, and yet I had tickets to both of them!