8/21: Penny vs. Pettitte

The Red Sox look to get back into the division race this weekend. Making the playoffs is most important, but the division would be great to take.

Categories: Andy Pettitte Boston Red Sox Brad Penny Game Threads New York Yankees

13 Responses to “8/21: Penny vs. Pettitte” Subscribe

1. marcos August 21, 2009 at 4:00 PM #

I hate this fatass

2. donna August 21, 2009 at 4:01 PM #

umpire giving a bit on the outside: interesting
    pack of ant-acid chews: 1.79
    how long can i watch this: hard to say
    how much would YOU pay for this pitcher? penny

3. Tessie's Dad August 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM #

Just kill me now so I won't have to watch any more of this garbage.

4. Kurt August 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM #

This is just plain embarrassing.

5. SamR August 21, 2009 at 6:12 PM #

Fucking disgusting is what it is. I wish we had a better option than Penny. Cause I am really getting sick of running his fat ass out there every 5th day. These games matter alot right now. He can't seem to get that through his head. At least with Smoltz I could feel sorry for the guy cause I knew he was giving his all and it just wasn't working. With Penny I just want to close my eyes. I guess he's about all we got though until Wake or Dice gets back. Or until Theo decides to throw Bowden in the fire. As unlikely and as ill-advised the latter option would be, I am rapidly warming up to it. Cause tonight was a joke.

6. Kurt August 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM #

I know exactly what you mean…unfortunately Bowden didn't fair all that well tonight either. We really need to trade for a Doug Davis type. I think even he would be able to eat innings better than Penny. The only thing Penny seems to be eating is cake.

7. Kurt August 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM #

On the plus side, although Penny and Smoltz really haven't worked out, Saito has really been very good since getting off to a bit of a rough start. So, not all of Theo's reclamation projects have been a loss….just most.

8. Bob August 21, 2009 at 6:45 PM #

yeah the Sox are getting swept this weekend

9. Andy P August 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM #

We should at least win the one with Becks on the mound. I highly doubt CC's fat ass can pitch another near no-no. Also, with the exception of the last game, we've fared well against Burnett this season. Really embarrassed to be a Sox fan tonight though.

10. Bob August 21, 2009 at 7:02 PM #

yeah especially after Penny and Bowden all but dropped their pants and took a shit on the mound I would say embarassed is putting it lightly, but hey I figured this would happen tonight anyways. Maybe Tazawa can make up for it tomorrow.

11. donna August 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM #

and did i hear we claimed Wagner off waivers?! here is to hoping fervently that this new reclamation project will be more successful! Yes, Saito was perhaps the only bright spot tonite as far as pitching. i do not like to be so negative but i was really wishing Tito could've pulled Penny after that first inning… but when i thought of that i was also thinking, heck why start him at all? but i guess with Wake out there is no option yet.
    the agony of such a game… yuck

12. Andy P August 21, 2009 at 8:30 PM #

Another positive: we had several chances to get back into this game. Bases loaded in the 6th with 0 outs and again in the 7th with 1 out. Unfortunately, we only got 2 runs from both of those situations. With a little more luck or a better bounce or two, that score could have been much different.

13. polako1 August 22, 2009 at 6:12 AM #

Stick a fork in them, they are done! Begin retooling for next year!