It’s the last Friday of 2012! Here’s some links to check out as you decide who you’re gonna get drunk with on New Year’s Eve. It’s a tough decision, but hey, no pressure. Your friends won’t judge you or anything.
- Shakira wouldn’t be pleased with Mike Napoli. His reported hip problems caused the Red Sox to rethink their offer, and the deal with the slugger may very well be in danger. (Red Sox Talking To Adam LaRoche, Mike Napoli Deal In Danger)
- Just to make us all feel absolutely fantastic, the former Texas Ranger has had interest from at least one other team since the snag in negotiations. (Sources: Napoli has interest from other team)
- The other guy in the Joel Hanrahan trade, Brock Holt, finally gets some love. Judging from his Twitter, he’s quite a character. And nice to people. (Red Sox: Holt ‘a good addition’)
- Stephen Drew says he “holds a little more emotion” on his shoulder. Compared to his brother, that’s an exponential increase. (Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew wants to be his own man in Boston)
- You know who’s awesome? Dustin Pedroia. He attracts players to Boston because he’s just so great. All hail The Laser Show. (Pedroia Influenced Stephen Drew To Pick Boston)
- Nothing is impossible – just highly improbable. That’s the motto of Daniel Nava‘s inspiring career in baseball. (Best of 2012: Most endearing marginal player)
- The NotGraphs Investigative Reporting Investigation Team checks out Napoli’s hip problem. Yoga might be more dangerous than you ever thought possible. (What’s Wrong With Mike Napoli’s Hips?)
- Brand new batting practice caps?!? Uni Watch, you have my full, undivided attention. (First look: new MLB batting practice caps)
3 months until baseball! Well, 2 months if you live in Arizona or Florida. Because Spring Training is awesome.