Hello again everyone! Roughly six weeks until pitchers & catchers report! Aren’t you excited? Not really? Well, that was more than I expected, I guess. Anyway, links galore!
- Logic, not just optimism, dictates that your Red Sox will be better in 2013. Or, if you want to be statistical, there will be some regression to the mean. What? I know stuff too. (Elaborating on the Red Sox’ upgrade)
- Marc Normandin at Over The Monster gets a bit superstitious when it comes to buying jerseys. This time, Will Middlebrooks is the subject of his apprehensiveness. (Will Middlebrooks Gets His Number, But I Won’t Be Buying A Shirt)
- In a nice, colorful, slideshow-y way, Sean McAdam goes over the chores the Red Sox must finish so that they can play baseball again. Work before play, children. (Five things the Red Sox need to do)
- With this year’s Hall of Fame vote being the most debated in recent history, some reasoning might be in order. Because, well, blank ballots – big no-no. (Baseball Hall of Fame shall see end of an era)
- Buster Olney, the revered user of the retort “sparky”, lists the Red Sox’ lineup as the 6th best in the majors. Being in the AL East, you all know what that means – it’s the worst in the division. (Olney: Sox lineup among top 10)
- Our old 2004 ALCS buddy Javier Vasquez is back – and guess what? The Sox scouted him. He answers the timeless question “But can he pitch?” with a solid 93 mph fastball. Not too shabby. (Javier Vasquez joins the comeback fad)
- Boston isn’t done with the signings – a couple minor leaguers got inked this weekend. (Minor Moves: Diaz, Hamilton, Garner)
- Oh man. I feel bad for laughing at something so wrong. (Site You Can Easily Visit: Baseball Card Vandals)
I love making song references my titles. There’s always a lyric somewhere that relates to some post.