Happy Hump Day everyone! This should go without saying, but Dan Shaughnessy will never be in these links. That shot at the Houston Texans? Not very smart.
- The Killer Bs swarm SB Nation’s Top 20 Red Sox Prospects list, taking the first three spots. Honestly, with a name like Xander, first place shouldn’t even be a discussion. Just an insta-winner right there. (Boston Red Sox Top 20 Prospects for 2013)
- The AL East is now a different animal. Which team can tame this beast of baseball? Well, hopefully not the Yankees. (Scouting the AL East in 2013)
- New Red Sox member Joel Hanrahan finally visited Fenway Park for the first time. His wife’s the real fan – she’s even been to a Sox-Yanks game! (Hanrahan impressed with Fenway after first visit)
- In Dante’s Inferno, the First Circle of Hell is full of sinners who constantly sigh. The Mike Napoli discussions are giving us a good experience of that. (Mike Napoli remains in limbo)
- Thanks to that whole dilemma, other first base options have been looked for. Michael Morse came to mind. But what would he bring the Sox, other than his bat? (The Side Effects Of Targeting Michael Morse)
- While we’re on the topic of first basemen, Adam LaRoche is going back to Washington. But in all seriousness, the Red Sox probably never viewed him as a top option. (Adam LaRoche Finally Caves, Re-Signs)
- The baseball landscape is seldom stable. General managers have to adjust for the market and their needs. They have to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. With some solid analysis thrown in, of course. (GMs Must Adjust Midway Through Winter)
- Hey guys, look! Technology! In baseball! Bud Selig must be fuming. (MLB switching from land line bullpen phones to cell phones)
I’m excited that ASU alum Deven Marrero is in the top 10 on that list. An all-Sun-Devil middle infield for the Red Sox? I wouldn’t say no.