And no, I don’t mean the end of the Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey “feud” on American Idol. Though that can & should end now. Preferably at this very moment.
- After weeks of facepalms, exasperated sighs and sporatic shouts of “C’MON!” at TVs, Mike Napoli has an agreement with the Red Sox! For just $5 million too! (Mike Napoli, Red Sox Reach Agreement on One-Year, $5M Deal)
- The fact that it was only a year & $5 mil is a bit suspicious. Something must’ve scared the Red Sox in his physical. You don’t just cut $34 million for nothing. (How Mike Napoli and the Red Sox settled for one year)
- Let the Arbitration Wars begin. At least things didn’t go well, salty, with the first player up. (Saltalamacchia, Red Sox agree at $4.5 million)
- The wunderkind will be up against the world. Xander Bogaerts is going to play for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic. (Xander Bogaerts will get chance to shine at WBC)
- Out of every player in the Red Sox system, Bogaerts is probably the closest to “untouchable” as anyone will ever get. As it should be. (Bogaerts eyes spot as Red Sox shortstop of the future)
- Well, Curt Schilling‘s 2013 isn’t starting off on the right foot, although that bloody sock sure did. (Curt Schilling’s bloody sock goes up for auction)
- If you’re a fantasy junkie, which I am, here’s a quick look at what to expect from Napoli for your team, and, well, your real-life team too. (Mike Napoli Finally Signs)
- The seemingly super-powered Toronto Blue Jays look to be a force in 2013. Here’s what their now diabolical GM thinks. (Anthopoulos, Reyes Talk 2013)
The Green Monster is just gonna be shelled by Napoli this season. I’d almost feel sorry for it if that wasn’t part of the reason for signing him in the first place.