All people care about these days is money. No really – all you’re going to hear is arbitration news. I don’t know what I’d rather hear about: details of the old Mike Napoli negotiations or…this.
- At least on the Boston front, arbitration is no longer an issue, and it hasn’t been for a while. They’ve settled with everyone. (Red Sox Arbitration Streak Will (Likely) Continue)
- Craig Breslow got not one, but two years out of it all. It pays to be a reliable lefty on your second tour of duty with the team. (Breslow agrees to two-year deal)
- The Killer Bs better wear shades, because their futures are bright! …I’m so, so sorry about that joke. Honest. (Red Sox prospects relish opportunity)
- Mike Lowell knows what Mike Napoli’s going through. Hip problems can be a huge issue, as the Red Sox have discovered over the last few years. (Mike Lowell Offers Primer For Taking Up First Base While Dealing With A Bad Hip)
- Andrew Bailey is good. That much is certain. But what’s his role next season? Hopefully not Perpetually Injured Guy. (The Curious Case Of Andrew Bailey)
- Remember our old buddy, Aaron Cook? Yeah, apparently he’s a Mariners killer. You learn something new every day, right? (Aaron Cook and the Improbable)
- Baseball fans everywhere mourned the passing of The Man, Stan Musial, whose 1948 season is ABSOLUTELY UNREAL. (Stan Musial: Here stands baseball’s perfect warrior, baseball’s regular guy)
Considering how cold it’s been, I wouldn’t mind one of those winter ballcaps with the earflaps. Shout out to whoever invented that. You’re an American hero.