I would make a Shakira joke here, but I already used it in a title a while back. Sorry guys, once a gag’s done, it’s done. So I had to go with a lame pun instead.
- And it’s finally done. Mike Napoli is officially a part of the Boston Red Sox. Bad hips and an uncanny ability to rain baseballs upon Lansdowne Street are included. (Mike Napoli, despite avascular necrosis in hip, signs with Red Sox)
- Avascular necrosis is no small matter. Which is why the Red Sox made it worth Napoli’s time to be healthy. (Details of Mike Napoli’s Contract)
- With Napoli on board, the Sox had to designate someone for assignment to get them off the 40-man roster. In other words, they had to compensate. (Chris Carpenter Designated For Assignment)
- Aren’t you glad Fenway Park didn’t get torn down and replaced with…well, whatever this thing is? We all dodged a bullet there. (Remembering “New” Fenway Park)
- Xander Bogaerts, the Red Sox wunderkind, is on the Netherlands’ WBC roster. A taste of things to come, perhaps? I like free samples. (Prospects galore on the WBC rosters)
- If this is any indication, I might read Terry Francona‘s book just to see how he dealt with Manny Being Manny. Tito had one heck of a poker face when it came to him. (More fun excerpts from Terry Francona’s book)
- The Tampa Bay Rays have an unbelievable amount of depth in their system. And a lot of it could be major league ready in three seasons or less. This is what the Red Sox will face. (Tampa Bay Rays Top 15 Prospects 2012-13)
- Cincinnati gets the 2015 All-Star Game. Now, the next step is actually getting rid of pure fan voting for All-Star lineups. Is that too hopeful? Yeah, too hopeful. (2015 All-Star Game to go to Reds)
Can we be done with hip puns and jokes? I’ve had my fill, and I’ve made just two of them.