We’re on the cusp of baseball coming back. Two weeks are all that stands between us and seeing the Red Sox do awesome baseball things. Are you ready?
- In 2012, the bullpen was beaten to a pulp – multiple times. With some shrewd moves during the offseason, that ‘pen is going to have a fighting chance in 2013. (Arms stockpile)
- Ryan Kalish needs surgery, and may miss March entirely. Another year, another Red Sox outfielder out for a lengthy period of time. This is like a Greek tragedy. (Ryan Kalish Reportedly Requires Surgery, Could Miss Spring Training)
- I think Mike Napoli could use some of the advice Anthony Ranaudo is getting: keep your hips loose & healthy. The last thing anyone needs is more avascular necrosis. (Ranaudo hip on returning big in 2013)
- Regardless of Mike’s AVN, Will Middlebrooks thinks Napoli will be fine. I’m getting cautiously optimistic here. And I’m scared. (Will Middlebrooks thinks Mike Napoli is going to be fine)
- Ryan Sweeney‘s back, everyone! Here’s his 2012 stats for ya: .260 AVG, .303 OBP, .373 SLG, and one door punched. (Red Sox bring back Ryan Sweeney on minor league deal)
- Our glorious leader, Evan Brunell, got on the front page of Baseball Prospectus and Deadspin! How, you ask? GIFs and swearing managers. (Overthinking It: Understanding the Umpire-Manager Arguments of 2012)
- Justin Upton might have been the latest sacrifice in Kevin Towers’ mission of lowering the D-Backs’ strikeout rates. It must be horrible to be sent off to a better team. (Kevin Towers’s Strikeout Lowering Crusade Proceeds)
The Starks from Game of Thrones were right. Winter really is horrible.