It’s actually February. That felt like the longest January ever. Yeah, it’s always 31 days but…there’s no baseball.
- The Sox signed Lyle Overbay, otherwise known as Insurance Plan Option #1, and finally got themselves a lefty bench bat. (Minor deal, major role for Overbay)
- Junichi Tazawa was one of the few bright spots in the black hole that was the 2012 Red Sox. But can he keep up his amazing pace? (Junichi Tazawa and Expectations)
- You’ve seen the lists: top 100 prospects, top 15 fantasy players, etc. Now it’s time to find out the truth on who’s the best player on the Red Sox. I’m bummed that it can’t be Scott Atchison anymore. (Ranking the Red Sox, 25 to 1)
- John Farrell is a lot of things, but optimistic of John Lackey? That’s, uh, unheard of around these parts. (John Lackey Could Have Huge Impact on 2013 Red Sox)
- Ryan Kalish was the once and future star outfielder for Boston. That injury bug is absolutely vicious. (Ryan Kalish expected to miss six months after surgery)
- We all know Google is slowly becoming Skynet, but at least they do pretty awesome things along the way to world domination. (Jackie Robinson’s birthday and the best Google Doodle EVER)
- I’m a huge fan of creative contract incentives. It’s like playing baseball for the sheer joy of completing inane achievements. And you even get paid for it! What’s not to like? (Six Contract Incentives That Should Happen)
Just a few more days, and there will actually be some hot n’ fresh baseball footage. Sure, it’s just them practicing, but BASEBALL.