It’s almost time to put your caps back on those lovable heads of yours. Ft. Myers is about to be filled with a lot of navy and red.
- The baseball & food enthusiast Keith Law released his top 100 prospects on Tuesday, with quite a few Red Sox on the list. While that’s awesome, there’s still some strangeness to their rankings. (Keith Law’s Top 100 Prospects Features Four Red Sox)
- “Big things ahead.” You bet your back two wheels there will be, giant JetBlue-sponsored trailer. Truck Day is a sight for sore eyes. (Truck Day signals unofficial start of Red Sox spring training)
- When you lead the team in walk rate, ISO and wOBA while only playing 90 games of a season, you’re pretty valuable to Red Sox offense. So it’s good to hear that David Ortiz will be ready to roll out. (David Ortiz will be set to go)
- One thing the Red Sox were adamant about doing this offseason was handing out massive contracts. While they succeeded in that regard, if you’re a fan who wants to win now, you may be disappointed. (Spring Training Countdown: No quick fixes)
- If I were a Red Sox minor league outfielder, I’d be worried about my health at this point - Alex Hassan has a stress fracture. At least Ryan Kalish has a injury buddy now. (Alex Hassan Won’t Be Ready for Start of Camp Because of Stress Fracture in Foot)
- The bullpen is getting a new wrangler: Dana Levangie. Hopefully he’ll be able to keep Joel Hanrahan‘s goatee under control. Seriously. That thing is wild. (Red Sox Name Dana Levangie Bullpen Coach)
- Our old oft-injured friend, Jed Lowrie, just got traded. Again. Frequent flyer miles aside, he has an odd collection of jerseys by now. (A’s Get Jed Lowrie, Astros Get Power)
- Oh how the mighty have fallen. (Manny Ramirez may play in Taiwan)
Finally got to play catch in this 72*F Phoenician weather down here in Arizona. My shoulder’s never felt better.