Lots of news surrounding the Red Sox today. This is much better than the dog days of January, where the top news was who Will Middlebrooks was dissing on Twitter.
- The bullpen looks to be gaining respect in some baseball circles. If Daniel Bard & his slider come back at full strength, that Boston ‘pen could be the best in the league. (Daniel Bard could put the Red Sox bullpen over the top)
- The pitching staff as a whole need to pitch better, that much is obvious. But who really needs to step it up? “All of the starters” is just too vague. (A call to arms: Red Sox pitching needs to improve)
- Nothing is certain but death, taxes, and Curt Schilling talking too much. But now, he says he was encouraged to cheat by your favorite team. This guy… (MLB investigated Schilling report in 2008)
- Sean McAdam has a checklist of what John Farrell has to do while in Ft. Myers. To be honest, Farrell could do just one of those things and he’d already be better than Bobby V. (Farrell’s first orders of business)
- Guys. GUYS. Someone get John Lackey 5 orders of Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits from Whataburger, ASAP! Something’s wrong with him! (John Lackey Might Actually Be In The Best Shape Of His Career)
- No contract extension talks for Jon Lester means that he’s going to have to earn his money. 2013 is big for him. (No Extension Talks For Red Sox, Lester)
- This just goes to show you that Jim Bowden might be one of the most clueless people to have ever been a general manager. (Don’t Count On Red Sox Getting In Hunt For Kyle Lohse)
- Enough with the bad trade ideas already. The Red Sox will never get him. (Felix Hernandez, Mariners agree to $175 million contract extension)
17 innings, 507 pitches and one extra innings home run later, Mexico has won the Caribbean Series. That’s just utterly ridiculous.