Hope you guys had a great Valentine’s/Singles’ Awareness/I Hate Every Couple Day. Don’t you just love…love?
- Hey, Larry Lucchino, 2003 called, they want their generalization back. No really. Cowboy Up and return the call, buddy. (Larry Lucchino’s underdog comment doesn’t fly)
- The sellout streak was nice for a while after the record was broken. Now, it’s just there. Like a unused chair in your living room. It just…exists. (Red Sox Sellout Streak Will [Thankfully] End)
- Another year, another player (or two) to add to the merry-go-round that is the shortstop position of the post-Nomar-Garciaparra Boston Red Sox. (Red Sox have no shortage of options at shortstop)
- It’s nice that Jacoby Ellsbury likes playing in Boston. No, really. It’s just that playing in Boston in the foreseeable future comes down to Scott “Hell-spawn” Boras. (Jacoby Ellsbury, Larry Lucchino Suggest Openness To Negotiating Extension)
- Oh, please be merciful, baseball gods! Don’t let the pinnacle of all pitching, Daisuke Matsuzaka, come against us! What did we do to deserve this punishment? (Daisuke Matsuzaka wants to pitch against the Red Sox)
- The signing of John Lackey could have changed how long-term pitchers’ contracts are structured in baseball. Good lord, Lackey is EVERYWHERE lately. (The Rise of the John Lackey Clause)
- You could do a lot worse than Mike Carp. Case in point: James Loney. (Boston interested in Mike Carp?)
I’m spoiled. I want real baseball now. Is that too much to ask?