Baseball is back, more or less. And it’s about time. I can only focus on basketball for so long, y’know. Need to see that fresh, green grass and the ballparks again.
- Gritty. A go-getter. Scrappy. These are terms used to often describe Dustin Pedroia. You can soon add “team leader” to the bunch. (Prime time for Pedey)
- No change-ups here – we all knew Pedro Martinez was going to be a great mentor to the young Sox pitchers. And he’s absolutely loving it. (Pedro Martinez embraces role as Red Sox special assistant)
- There were actually games played this weekend! We’re one step closer to fun times! Like going crazy over a Jose Iglesias dinger! (Jose Iglesias’ Homer Not Enough As Red Sox Fall To Rays)
- It’s become a bit of a broken record, but almost everyone had a horrible 2012 season. Good thing Jon Lester is pretty much over it. (Lester’s first spring start a sign 2012 is behind him)
- When a prospect you got in a salary dump trade is hitting 100 on the gun and retiring six batters in a row, you know Rubby De La Rosa is something special. (De La Rosa shines in relief)
- Mike Napoli is running again! Make way for a new leader in stolen bases! (Mike Napoli Runs The Bases, May Play Later In Week)
- While the Red Sox didn’t go down under to make this deal, they still inked an Australian: Ryan Rowland-Smith. (Red Sox Sign Ryan Rowland-Smith)
- Breaking your right forearm? That’s gonna sting for both Curtis Granderson and the Yankees. (Curtis Granderson has broken right forearm, out 10 weeks)
This is where I love that MLB.com has a playlist of just home run highlights, so I can watch all of the long balls any & every day.