Finally got my hands on one of those new Spring Training caps for the Red Sox. Not too bad, even with the new material they used for them. Not all that stretchy, just a little less stiff.
- For the first time in what seems like forever, you can’t blame the pitching for this one. A lack of good leather is the culprit. (Shaky Defense Costs Red Sox In 5-2 Loss To Yankees)
- It was quite a treat seeing Mike Napoli go yard against a team not named the Red Sox, for once. Looks like the hips are doing well. (Deeply appreciated)
- When you throw 89% of your pitches for strikes, you’re doing something right. That’s exactly what Ryan Dempster did against New York. (Dempster lights out in three innings vs. Yankees)
- Get well soon, David Ortiz. No really, you’re pretty vital to the Red Sox offense and it needs you dearly. No pressure, though. (David Ortiz’ Running Drills Postponed, But DH Isn’t Worried)
- Jackie Bradley is making a big impression on fans and coaches alike. Also, it’s now 4:30 AM and Bradley has just gotten on base again. (Farrell expands on Bradley’s outfield skills)
- You can take the man out of the island, but you can take the island out of the man: Shane Victorino loves his homeland. (Victorino loves Hawaii, and Hawaii loves him back)
- The Hardball Times has a good point – in terms of replacements, the 2013 Red Sox are far-and-away a better team. But can they make the playoffs? (Five questions: Boston Red Sox)
- One good piece of life advice is to never rush a pitcher back that just came back from Tommy John surgery. It’s always the wrong move. (Rubby de la Rosa Minor League Bound)
The verdict? These caps are nice, but if you’d rather have the original/regular-season all-navy cap, go with that instead.