I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been kind of bored with the World Baseball Classic so far. I’m wasn’t expecting much, but at least more than these mediocre games.
- Remember a couple seasons ago, where we all said Prince Fielder lost his power stroke because he had just one Spring Training homer? Yeah, me neither. (Fun With Spring Training Stats)
- Mix together some broken ribs, 32 homers, a dislocated shoulder, and what do you get? One serving of Jacoby Ellsbury, the human enigma. (Why Jacoby Ellsbury Is The Most Important Player On The Red Sox)
- I just have to stop hearing about good spring outings by John Lackey. It’s getting my hopes up too high. (John Lackey gets real)
- Everyone goes bonkers over Brian Wilson‘s beard, but no one seems to notice Andrew Miller‘s. You said it, Kanye West: Jesus Walks, and he pitches for the Red Sox. (Andrew Miller cuts down hitters but doesn’t cut his hair)
- He’s no Usain Bolt, but hey, as long as he’s running ’round the bases, I’ll be happy. (Ortiz goes through another round of baserunning drills)
- If you’re a minor leaguer in the Red Sox system, just a heads up – 2013 is not your year. Be alert. (Minor-leaguer Britton arrested for DUI)
- Nate Silver created the PECOTA projection system. PECOTA likes the Red Sox this year. Conclusion? Awesome season ahead. (The Boston Red Sox: PECOTA darlings for 2013)
- I’m sure all you fellow Americans were ever so proud to have Mark Teixeira represent your country at the WBC. It’s really just too bad he can’t anymore. (Mark Teixeira injures forearm, to miss World Baseball Classic)
One thing about the WBC I do like, though, is the ridiculous chants the Taiwanese & Japanese fans have. They’re endearing.