I don’t know about you guys, but I have a doozy of a Friday ahead of me. 10 hours of work in an MLB team shop. Let the fun begin, right?
- I hate to sound like a cold-hearted fan here, but with Jackie Bradley in the fold, he makes Jacoby Ellsbury pretty much expendable. (For Red Sox, Jackie Bradley Jr. simplifies the Jacoby Ellsbury decision)
- John Farrell already said that Bradley won’t make the team – but that was 2 weeks ago. The chances of the first Killer B to hit the roster has risen. (Red Sox official: Bradley now has ’50-50′ chance to make team)
- Step right up here, folks, and play some Red Sox roster musical chairs! Where it stops, nobody knows! (Sox’ final roster is anyone’s guess)
- The bench is looking better and better for the Sox, but now there’s only space for three guys, and they don’t do the sitting-on-each-other’s-laps sort of thing. (Bench starting to come into focus for Red Sox)
- Shortstop Stephen Drew was cleared for baseball activity, but even though he has a clean bill of health, his immediate future is murky. (Stephen Drew’s mind clear)
- Daniel Bard is in the midst of a comeback from a disastrous 2012, but Ben Cherington is erring on the side of caution with the flamethrower. (Cherington: Bard ‘still not all the way’ back)
- “Save the Cubs, save the world.” whispered that same ominous voice from the Heroes TV show opener. (“Theo Epstein is trying to save the world again”)
- Scott Boras, as we all know and love dearly, has now taken talking about the CBA to a whole other level by saying it has “kidnapped our children” in that system. Uh, sure buddy. (Scott Boras, Rob Manfred Disagree On CBA)
If you guys want to know when the Brandon McCarthy jersey shirts come in, you know who to ask. Because who doesn’t want to rep the man with the best Twitter account of a professional athlete?