Dust off your jerseys. Clean up your couches. Baseball is almost back, and we must be ready. It’s the sports version of Christmas.
- Decision 2013! The incumbent DH candidate Ortiz is down! Can the upstart Bradley overtake him in the Farrell polls? Stay tuned to find out! (Opening day roster deadline fast approaching for Red Sox)
- He’s not a machine (or The Machine for that matter), but after last year, Jon Lester‘s mechanics could definitely use some maintenance. (Jon Lester’s mechanics)
- We all expect John Lackey to do practically nothing this year. So anything he does well, such as six innings of three-run ball, is surpassing expectations. (John Lackey passes another test in comeback with Red Sox)
- Our worst fears have come true. Lyle Overbay has traded in his crimson footwear for…*gulp*…pinstripes! What are we ever going to do?!? (Red Sox release Lyle Overbay; Yankees sign him)
- So far, so good for Daniel Nava: the man’s earned himself a roster spot, and even a jersey number that’s less than 60. He’s moving up in life! (Nava set to hit Opening)
- Ringing up thirteen strikeouts is nothing short of amazing. Henry Owens did exactly that – in just FIFTEEN PLATE APPEARANCES. (Stranger Than Fiction)
- Rejoice, Red Sox fans! There are now discounts on concessions & beer in Fenway, so now they’re only moderately expensive instead of wallet-draining expensive. (Red Sox offering discounted concessions, beer for April games)
At this point, you shouldn’t be counting the days to Opening Day. You should be counting the hours, if not the minutes. Just sayin’.