Someone needed to have hit the ejector seat switch way before Sunday for the Red Sox. What a frustrating series. Just cannot win in Arlington.
- I mean, sure, it wasn’t as bad since the walk-off was hit by our old buddy Adrian Beltre, but…it was still pretty agonizing. The Rangers have our number. (Red Sox lose as Darvish, Rangers finish sweep)
- But you can’t cry over spilled milk. Things like this happen. Just gotta bounce right back up and get right back at it. What will the reaction be? (Time for Sox to respond, not panic)
- No matter how much energy Koji Uehara has pent up in his dynamo of a body, an overworked bullpen is a depleted bullpen. Wear & tear could begin to show. (Innings suddenly piling up for bullpen)
- Please, post more screenshots of Clay Buchholz‘s routine on the mound. Because he’s definitely cheating in all of them. Yep. No doubt about it. (Cheating non-troversy: Clay Buchholz to maintain routine)
- Y’know, maybe the lack of hitting by Will Middlebrooks is from the lack of tweeting out #WakeAndRake. It can’t hurt to start that up again, right? Because it’s awesome. (For Red Sox’ Will Middlebrooks, A Struggle, But No Dilemma)
- The trade deadline’s a fair few months into the future, so why not get the speculation started now? Cliff Lee‘s a darn good pitcher, so let’s trade for him and stuff. (Could the Red Sox pursue a trade for Cliff Lee?)
- His bat’s not just on fire. David Ortiz‘s bat can pretty much be called the Olympic Torch at this point. It’s that hot. Did I mention that he was 37? (David Ortiz extends hitting streak to 25 games with homer)
Here’s another reason not to fret:
70-64 the rest of the way and Boston wins 90 games.
— Patrick Sullivan (@PatrickSull) May 3, 2013