Some shades of 2006 last night with that walk-off bomb by Big Papi. Bring on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the USA!
- All it took was one pitch, and David Ortiz had the stadium exploding with joy. So far, so good in June for the Red Sox. (One pitch to Papi later, Red Sox walk off as winners)
- The last three starts, Jonny Gomes has had to face three very tough left-handers. But last night, it looks like he finally got a reprieve. (Jonny Gomes sets the stage)
- But before the Texas Rangers depart, let’s have a look back at 2010 and see what the Red Sox let go in Adrian Beltre. Conclusion? A damn good third baseman. (It’s Time To Remember What The Red Sox Had in Adrian Beltre)
- Draft Day Spectacular, Part 1: The Red Sox had a ball in the 2013 Draft. I’m not kidding. Boston drafted Trey Ball, a lefty from New Castle, Indiana, 7th overall. (Sox take high school lefty Ball at No. 7)
- Draft Day Spectacular, Part 2: With their second pick of the night, the Sox nabbed another pitcher: Teddy Stankiewicz, a RHP out of Seminole State College. (Red Sox select pitcher Teddy Stankiewicz #45 overall)
- Officially, Will Middlebrooks is in Pawtucket for injury rehab, but what the Red Sox were hoping to see was that his bat was recovering nicely. (Rehabbing Middlebrooks powers PawSox past Knights)
- This Anthony Bosch character? The one who ran Biogenesis? Yeah, he’s even shadier than it looks and sounds. (Who is Anthony Bosch?)
No, Evan, that might’ve been old Bud himself.
I believe Bud Selig just said the “2000 First Year Player Draft.” Only 13 years off. But maybe that was my hearing.
— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) June 6, 2013