This is a road trip the Red Sox will be glad to go on. Three against Houston & Toronto, with a series in Kansas City too? Yes please.
- Felix Doubront is just getting better and better as the season goes on. On Sunday, he blanked the Diamondbacks for seven masterful innings. (Doubront strong again as Red Sox shut out Diamondbacks)
- You can always count on the stars to support the team, but lately, it’s been the Red Sox’ role players that have been keeping them afloat. (Red Sox role players help maintain heights)
- All it took was a little time, and now Stephen Drew is firing on all cylinders. He won’t fist pump or yell in excitement, but he’ll still get you that win. (Stephen Drew rediscovering comfort zone)
- Y’know, if Shane Victorino cared for his body as much as he does other players on opposing teams, then we’d really have nothing to worry about. (Shane Victorino is a classy dude)
- He’s not going to hit home runs, but as long as he can do all the little things right, Brock Holt \o/ will do just fine on the Red Sox. (Little things are big deal to Holt)
- Ben Cherington has done so well in his 1 1/2 years as general manager. He just needs to stop trading for relievers in the offseason. Please. It’s killing me. (Ben Cherington Deserves Top Honor For Turning Around Red Sox)
- Let’s play Spin the Biogenesis Wheel! Round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows! (There are going to be some new names in today’s Biogenesis suspensions)
ICYMI, Bob Brenly of FS Arizona had some insightful words on the Red Sox yesterday.
Brenly: "I don't think the sacrifice bunt is a big part of their arsenal." Welcome to the American League, please take a seat
— Brett Cowett (@BACowett) August 4, 2013