Frustration, thy name is the Red Sox. They’ll fly in from Toronto hungry for some wins, and the New York Yankees will be in town.
- They had tons of opportunities to score. To win. To get past the Blue Jays. But the Red Sox just couldn’t pull through at any point in Thursday’s game. (Sox left waiting for key hit in Toronto)
- This wasn’t one of the best road trips for the Red Sox this season. While the pitching was good, the hitting was just nonexistent and mostly at fault. (Red Sox limp home from road trip)
- Jonny Gomes isn’t one to pull punches. And he isn’t alone in the sentiment that Alex Rodriguez shouldn’t be playing right now. (Jonny Gomes: ‘It doesn’t make sense’ that Alex Rodriguez allowed to keep playing)
- To Sox fans, it seems like it’s pretty much a done deal that Jacoby Ellsbury is not going to wear the crimson stockings next year. But is him leaving truly certain? (Rethinking The ‘Inevitable’: The Case For Keeping Jacoby Ellsbury)
- But what happens if Ellsbury leaves? Boston has a very capable player ready to step up in Jackie Bradley Jr., who’s been getting even better. (Jackie Bradley Jr. still making strides in Pawtucket)
- Woo! Instant replay! Coming soon…but geez, MLB, you don’t need to stumble your way to an agreement… (MLB pushing ahead with instant replay, being very silly about it)
- Because we don’t see enough strikeouts thanks to a certain first baseman, the Yankees signed Mark Reynolds to make the whiffs happen even more. (Heyman: The Yankees have signed Mark Reynolds)
I’ll just leave this here.