I called it. That game against Chris Tillman would be the most frustrating contest of the series. Can he just regress already and save us the stress?
- It wasn’t an easy night for the Red Sox. A few missed opportunities & a bunch of line drive outs later, the team ended up saddled with the loss. (Boston loses 3-2 to Baltimore)
- David Ortiz has been enjoying yet another great season at age 37, but he’s mired in a nasty slump that’s left him with an awful zero hits in his last 22 at-bats. (Ortiz slump leaves Sox stranded vs. O’s)
- The offseason is looming off in the distance, and Jacoby Ellsbury isn’t mincing words. He wants his payday, and someone may very well give him one. (Jacoby Ellsbury ‘shooting for nine figures’ in free agency)
- When Shane Victorino got a three-year, $39-million-dollar deal, the reaction was that the contract was an overpay. Now with hindsight on our side, has it been a better deal than we expected? (Shane Victorino’s Contract Reconsidered)
- He might not be a full-time starter, but Mike Carp hasn’t let that stop him from having a pretty good year, even in a bench role. (Mike Carp’s career season comes in limited role)
- It’s a sad thing to see Jerry Remy leave for the rest of the season. Hope all gets sorted out with his family through that tragedy. (Remy won’t return to booth this season)
- In slightly less depressing news, the Daniel Bard Comeback Tour is looking more and more like an impossibility. (Daniel Bard is still a mess)
I loathe you, Tillman.
19 swing-and-misses tonight for Chris Tillman, his season-high and probably in the top five against the Red Sox this season.
— Tim Britton (@TimBritton) August 30, 2013