And once more with the Yankees. I guess it’s just a simple question of “Would you like your playoff dreams crushed now or later, New York?”
- For the first time in a while, the Red Sox are not scuffling in September. They’re looking even more dominant. And that makes all the difference. (Unlike past two years, Sox bringing it in September)
- Want a glimpse into the depressing world of an unsuccessful 2013 season? Look no further! The future we dodged is right here in this very link. (Where would the Red Sox be without the magic?)
- Sure, we saber-friendly folks love using terms like Isolated Power & batted ball distance to gauge power. But pure strength? Not even the teammates are sure. (Who has the best raw power in the Red Sox lineup?)
- Speaking of raw power, Mike Napoli has enjoyed a spotless bill of health for 2013 – and he’s got a few million new reasons to keep it up. (Healthy Napoli hopes to return to Red Sox)
- Better safe than sorry. That was Clay Buchholz‘s line when he was injured and on the disabled list, and it’s that wisdom that’s allowed him to return at full strength. (In The End, Clay Buchholz’s Path Proved To Be Right One)
- That bullpen, man. A source of constant frustration – aside from Koji Uehara – and an area on the playoff roster that’s still in a state of flux. (Relievers try to find playoff groove)
- Well, this is something that’s all kinds of goodness stuffed into one prospective visit. (Report: Red Sox Scouting Cuban First Baseman Jose Abreu in Dominican Republic)
What is this madness?
Because Rays pitchers have K'ed 10, fans can take tickets to a furniture store to get a coupon they can take to a pizza store for a pizza.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) September 13, 2013