I’m still at a loss for words after last night. That was some awful defense and even worse decision-making all around. Just punted away a win there.
- We loved the Cardinals making error after error on Wednesday night. But Thursday night, it was the Red Sox’s turn to look ridiculous in the field. (Red Sox blunders, bullpen boost Cardinals to Game 2 win)
- The worst defense we’ve seen from the Sox reared its ugly head at the worst possible time. You can thank Craig Breslow‘s total implosion for that. (Sox take a cue from Cards and throw one away)
- Yet again, John Lackey gets wrecked by his supporting cast in a game. He’s pitched extremely well this postseason, but he’s just gotten little help. (A winning effort in a losing cause for Lackey)
- You can only bet against the numbers s many times before it gets you back. That’s exactly what happened with John Farrell & Jonny Gomes. (Playing favorites finally comes back to bite Red Sox manager John Farrell)
- Interleague. The word that’s been a thorn in the American League’s side for over a decade now. It’ll force David Ortiz to play first base once more. (First things next for David Ortiz)
- I don’t know about you guys, but I think I’ve had my fill of the fragile Clay Buchholz this year. It’s time to use a more stable option. (World Series 2013: Time to bench fatigued Buchholz)
- Speaking of options, Felix Doubront is still alive and well, and he’s ready to take the reins if he’s called upon. (Felix Doubront ‘Ready For Everything’)
Check this out:
4 of the 5 HRs Ortiz has hit this postseason has been in a Game 2 of a series. Game 2 is Papi's world. We're all just living it.
— Brett Cowett (@BACowett) October 25, 2013