Despite it being Patriots season right now, baseball trudges along through the winter. Is there a Venezuelan Winter League dot TV thing I can sign up for?
- The Hall of Fame class is deserving, despite the general smallness of it. You only wish that more guys were inducted with them. (Maddux, Glavine, and Thomas are a worthy, if too small, Hall of Fame class)
- David Ortiz is good, but the elephant in the room is his late-30s age. Still, an extension for the big man isn’t out of the question, especially after 2013. (Red Sox continue to discuss Ortiz extension)
- What foot injury? Andrew Miller is expected to be back for some spring ball to land that well-deserved spot in the ‘pen. (Andrew Miller expected to be ready for spring training)
- Mo’ money, mo’ problems. The Sox weren’t open to spending too much money this offseason, but they’ll have cash to burn in the next one. (Sox seek new ways to spend big money)
- The foreign baseball exchange keeps on running, as both the Sox and the Minnesota Twins are interested in a certain Korean pitcher. (Twins, Red Sox interested in Korean pitcher Suk-Min Yoon)
- In terms of pure stuff, Rubby De La Rosa could be hard to beat in the Sox’s system. Now at 100%, he expects to be even better. (Rubby De La Rosa Explains Why He Expects This Year To Be Different)
- There’s a reason that the Red Sox aren’t giving long-term contracts to catchers. Blake Swihart represents that reason. (Slowly but surely, Red Sox prospect Swihart is catching on)
This is a fantastic time-killer.