As we inch ever closer to Spring Training 2014, one must remember that it’s totally fine and acceptable to experience baseball withdrawal symptoms. Really, it’s okay.
- It’s time for arbitration, guys! There’s gonna be tons of one-year deals popping up on everyone’s Red Sox feed in the next few weeks. (Five Red Sox players file for salary arbitration)
- Well, it wouldn’t be an Alex Rodriguez crisis without it involving the Red Sox indirectly, right? Right. Here’s hoping this ends very soon. (A-Rod suspension: Good for Red Sox, bad for Yankees)
- Y’know that warning to stay away from sinking ships because the resulting whirlpool will pull you under? Yeah. A-Rod’s lawyer. David Ortiz. (A-Rod’s lawyer hints at Ortiz’ PED use)
- Got nothing to do without the constance of baseball? Well, it’s a good thing your schedule’s open, because there’s tons of events. (Hot Stove calendar scorching for remainder of January)
- Have we gotten so bored with the offseason that we’re making frustration targets out of field reporters? Tongue-in-cheek warning in effect. (Time For Jenny Dell, NESN Relationship To End)
- Look, I know some players get this treatment, but I’m not sure if Bud Selig is even at their level of approval. (The Bud Selig farewell tour may be coming to a ballpark near you)
- You guys have a favorite Fire Brand piece you think is deserving of recognition? SABR wants to hear your thoughts. (What Was The Best Baseball Thing You Read In 2013?)
Will Middlebrooks, professional subtweeter.
“I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” #WillfullyIgnorant
— Will Middlebrooks (@middlebrooks) January 15, 2014