About a month until pitchers and catchers report, which means I have a full month of just crying to myself while baseball still isn’t happening. Sigh.
- Phenom Xander Bogaerts‘ fame isn’t limited to just the States. When he went back home to Aruba, they gave the celebrity treatment to him. (Xander Bogaerts owns island paradise)
- He’s fresh off an Arizona Fall League campaign, and Garin Cecchini‘s future in baseball is as bright and hopeful as ever. (Cecchini looks to continue ‘on the upward trend’)
- It’s hard not to be excited for the crop of prospects the Red Sox have, and the invites to Ft. Myers can only spur more giddiness. (Red Sox invite Matt Barnes, Henry Owens, 6 other prospects to spring training)
- Henry Owens, Clayton Kershaw 2.0? It’s a bit early to make that claim, but that won’t stop some teammates from thinking it. (Teammate on Henry Owens: “I think he’s the next Kershaw”)
- He’s not the number 5 prospect in the Red Sox system for nothing. Blake Swihart is one heck of catcher. (Why Red Sox Prospect Blake Swihart Is His “Own Breed Of Catcher”)
- Arbitration is like dodgeball – you just hope to avoid the ball and keep playing, but sometimes you get taken down (to arb court). (Red Sox avoid arbitration with three players)
- Unless it’s a way to avoid paying taxes, the Marlins will not dole out money. Even to guys like Giancarlo Stanton. (Marlins haven’t discussed a contract extension with Giancarlo Stanton)
NO. NO. NOOOOOOO. GOD NO.
Turns out the Red Sox did watch Chone Figgins’ workout in Tampa last week.
— Nick Cafardo (@nickcafardo) January 20, 2014