We might see a little gold rush for free agents sometime soon, with Spring Training starting next month. This could be a fun little Hot Stove ride late in the offseason.
- Like clockwork, David Ortiz is rumbling about his contract again. Though it’s not a bad idea – after that amazing October, I would be too. (Ortiz rumbling about contract status)
- Everybody loves everybody in the Red Sox clubhouse. They all be textin’ & talkin’ and probably Snapchattin’ too. Give credit for that brotherhood to John Farrell. (Farrell’s message on team concept resonates)
- Jonny Gomes should just be the spokesman of the team. Now even he’s questioning the Yankees’ absurd shopping spree. (Jonny Gomes: “Yankees Spend $500 Million And Still, Some Questions”)
- With their $150 million+ payrolls, it’s relatively easy to make this false connection that the Red Sox have become the Yankees. In reality, that’s very wrong. (Nope, the Red Sox aren’t the Yankees)
- Stephen Drew is in a bit of a predicament. His market’s shriveled up, and he’s even said he’s open to playing other positions. Is that smart? (The Challenge of Stephen Drew Changing Positions)
- The last few weeks – at least, if you’ve been on Fangraphs – have been all about projections. Clay Davenport, founder of BP, has some of his own. (Clay Davenport projects Red Sox to finish second in AL East)
- While all these other prospects speed by him, Bryce Brentz keeps on playing in Pawtucket, waiting for his call. (Brentz plans to plug away, be ready if he gets call from Red Sox)
This is on YouTube. In HD, no less.