Guys, I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty spoiled here in Phoenix. It’s been like 75 degrees every day for the last few weeks. I can’t help how amazing it is at this time of year.
- He’s been the stalwart of the team since the early 2000s, and has looked better than ever in the last two years. David Ortiz deserves an extension. (David Ortiz well worth price)
- As good as Ortiz has been, is it safe to say that he might actually be underrated? Offense is at a premium now, and Big Papi is just that. (Is David Ortiz Underrated? A Great Designated Hitter, Reconsidered)
- There’s a wave of prospect rankings going on, so let’s dive into the world of projections and see what Boston’s farm system has in store. (Projecting the next wave of Red Sox prospects: Position players)
- He didn’t make a lot of noise early last year due to injury, but once he came back, Alex Hassan was a force to be reckoned with. (Sox prospect Hassan shined after missing most of 2013 to injury)
- The sky is blue, death & taxes, and Byron Buxton and Xander Bogaerts are the best two prospects in all the land. Again. (Another day, another prospect list with Byron Buxton No. 1)
- Dustin Pedroia doesn’t harbor any ill intent toward Jacoby Ellsbury just because he got a Godfather-level offer from the Yanks. (Pedroia: Can’t fault Ellsbury for signing with Yankees)
- I can’t really imagine the broadcast booth without Jerry Remy, but it’ll be an interesting thing to see this season. (No one knows how Jerry Remy’s return will go, but he deserves the chance)
Fire Brand writer Daniel Poarch lives for your attention.
— Daniel Poarch (@PoarchDaniel) January 28, 2014