The last day of January! Winter’s slowly coming to a close! People might see temperatures without a negative in front of the number! Awesome fun happy times!
- Looks like the whole David Ortiz contract talks thing was blown bit out of proportion. But then again, what hasn’t been given that treatment in Boston? (Ortiz on talks with Red Sox: ‘We’re good’)
- How was Koji Uehara just so dominant in the second half of 2013? Well, his splitter was so good, it could counteract the Earth’s rotation. Oh yeah. (Exploring Koji Uehara’s second-half dominance)
- With pitchers and catchers reporting in less than a month, it’s time to choose who we’re going to put under the microscope at Spring Training. (Sox to watch? 5 spring to mind)
- It’s not all about flash and fire with Red Sox middle infield prospects. Repetition is what it’s all about, and consistency is key. (Consistency will be name of the game for Sox’ infield prospects)
- Travis Shaw has worked so, so hard to get through what was a tough 2013 for him. And it’s starting to bear fruit for the first baseman. (Shaw pulls positives from tough season)
- Now Jenny Dell will no longer be a part of Red Sox games. She’ll be in the studio for NESN for the foreseeable future. (NESN Announces Jenny Dell Will No Longer Be A Part Of Red Sox Broadcasts)
- You think being a beat writer is the good life, huh? Well, that’s not exactly true. (So You Want to Be a Beat Writer…)
See? Beat writing can suck sometimes.
I hate how they always have the cool concerts when I’m covering the team on the road. Wondering why…
— Tim Britton (@TimBritton) January 30, 2014