Hey there everyone! Thought I’d grace you all with some links beneath the digital tree on Christmas Eve. Feel free to open these presents right away!
- Oh man. This Joel Hanrahan trade business. I haven’t seen something this confusing since I tried reading about quantum physics. (Red Sox close in on acquiring Hanrahan)
- Along with Jerry Sands and Stolmy Pimentel (pictured), there’s talks that Mark Melancon is heading to Pittsburgh as well. What’s going down in Beantown? (Mark Melancon To Pittsburgh In Joel Hanrahan Trade)
- Cody Ross will be wearing red in 2013. But not the red of Boston’s Sox – the dark red of the Arizona Diamondbacks. $26 million, though? Seriously? (Diamondbacks sign Cody Ross to three-year contract)
- Finally. Some news on the Mike Napoli front. For a while, it was like there was a media blackout, New-England-Patriots-style. (Report: Napoli contract holdup is hip problem)
- The Red Sox have lacked starting pitching, but do they really need – or have – a staff ace? Let’s not get jumpy with the trade rumors here. No, they will not trade for Felix Hernandez. (Hole in ace for Red Sox)
- Don’t cancel your MLB.tv subscription because you think the Red Sox will be horrible in 2013. Why? Ben Cherington plans to compete. What if he wins a lot? (Cherington sees long-term value in remaining competitive in 2013)
- Want to feel nostalgic to the point of saying “He’s still in the league?” multiple times? Then this is for you. (Trio of long-shot pitchers aiming for comebacks in 2013)
- Fangraphs’ fantasy section had a good piece on Clay Buchholz‘s 2012 season – and his year made about as much sense as the Hanrahan trade rumors. (Clay Buchholz: Dive Into The Splits)
I’m most likely not alone in this, but c’mon, baseball. Come back already. We promise not to visit basketball as often anymore. We swear.