I know I mentioned this a few weeks back, but those new caps the teams have for Spring Training…I want one. They look pretty dang good to me.
- At one point in the recent past, The Flyin’ Hawaiian wasn’t a thing. That was before Shane Victorino got a pep talk from good ole’ dad, and the rest, as they say, is history. (Worth another chance)
- I’m glad Will Middlebrooks is showing loyalty to his team. I’d also be glad if he’d agree to a nice, cheap extension too. (Will Middlebrooks Wants His “Whole Career” To Be With Red Sox)
- Never thought I’d see the words “Drew” and “eager” in the same sentence. I still think J.D. Drew was good, but just very closed off. (Drew eager for fresh start with Boston)
- I’m not a fan of intangibles being the sole reason for signing someone, but at a 2-year, $6.2 million deal, sure, I’d like David Ross, why not? (With David Ross, personality was a plus for Red Sox)
- Cutting insanity from a team has never been cheaper! Reserve your super-low guaranteed money clause today! (Sox could release Aceves for one-sixth his salary)
- Xander Bogaerts is taking grounders at third base…so he can play there for Netherlands in the WBC. Not because he’s moving positions. Relax. (Xander Bogaerts Gets His First Taste of Third Base)
- Speaking of Bogaerts, the man is racking up the mentions on the top 10 prospect lists, and this time BaseballAmerica is giving him some love. (2013 Top 100 Prospects)
- “did I provide a big throwing target at 2b or did you guys just aim low” Either way, Dustin Pedroia, we’re glad you’re tweeting. (Twitter)
Going back to JD Drew, I don’t believe he ever had a walk-up song either. Most robotic player I can remember.