So, I decided to see a Spring Training game on Thursday between the Cubs & Dodgers. Here’s a short summary: STOP BUNTING DODGERS I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE.
- Players will come and go. That’s the hard truth we have to acknowledge. Loyalty won’t stop someone who wants a payday – it’s irrelevant at that point. (Wes Welker, Jacoby Ellsbury, And Acceptance)
- After all these years, it’s a real shame to see fans not even keeping season tickets. The last two seasons have challenged a lot of fans’ commitments. (Sitting it out)
- Everyone wants these awesome prospects to come to the majors as fast as possible, but first, they need to be taught patience. (Developing big-league plate approach is a long road)
- Stephen Drew‘s concussed. Xander Bogaerts is busy playing for his country. Which leaves one thing for Jose Iglesias to do: make the most of his time. (Iglesias impressing offensively with Drew out)
- Hopefully, the whole gun misfire thing with Bryce Brentz is over and done with. Here’s to hoping he won’t shoot himself in the – oh. I’ll stop now. (Bryce Brentz “100 Percent” And Back In Games)
- Let’s wind the clock back a-ways. On April 15, 1987, a certain Red Sox pitching coach made history. Juan Nieves still can’t believe he did it. (Nieves brews up ‘fun, fun’ memories)
- Our old pal Casey Kelly finally gets a cup of coffee last year – and now he’ll probably have to go under the knife. Get well soon, kid. (Casey Kelly likely facing Tommy John surgery)
- Don’t you do it, Terry Francona, don’t you do the Harlem Shake…even if it is quite hilarious. (Terry Francona Leads Indians In Harlem Shake Video)
I’m begging you, Don Mattingly, stop with the bunts. You’re tearing my baseball heart out.