“Things always end badly. Otherwise they’d never end.” That quote, while perfectly relatable to the end of the winning streak, is also the only reason to mention the horrible movie Cocktail.
- Defense always seems to only be a problem when someone doesn’t make a play. But it’s not a problem this year. Everyone is making plays – both easy and not. (On the Red Sox’ defensive rebound)
- Sign up here for BBL 101 – where you learn from the best about how to create a good baseball team regardless of money! Positions won’t last! (Team-building with Billy Beane and Theo Epstein)
- The wheel at shortstop keeps on turnin’…and now there’s the whole Stephen-Drew-not-hitting problem and the other Jose-Iglesias-is-hitting thing. (Managing A Non-Controversy)
- There’s being hot. There’s being en fuego. Then there’s being Mike Napoli & Andrew Bailey, who’ve taken no prisoners on their campaigns. (Mike Napoli, Andrew Bailey named AL Co-Players of the Week)
- Hey guys, y’know that Allen Webster guy? He’s kinda good. And we got him for a salary dump. That’s a win in my book. (Red Sox should thank Dodgers for Webster)
- It’s a good thing Joel Hanrahan didn’t have his goatee shaved – that’s an injury that would last for months. (Hanrahan throws 30 pitches off mound)
- It’s not fun to see this guy struggle, but success is always greater when it overcomes adversity. (Frustrated Bogaerts off to a Slow Start)
- Just so we don’t totally, irrationally, competitively hate the Oakland A’s, here’s Brandon Moss & Josh Reddick being awesome. (Brandon Moss and Josh Reddick visit Boston Marathon bombing victim)
In more depressing news, I lost to fellow writer Daniel Poarch in fantasy baseball. I NEED YOUR SYMPATHY.