With the strikeout-prone Houston Astros in town, I fully expect Felix Doubront to rack up 15 Ks in 5 innings, and then be pulled because his pitch count will be somewhere around 225.
- We’re in the midst of one of the Red Sox’ best starts to a season in decades. Do you have faith yet? Because the bandwagon’s pulling away from the station. (Beginning to believe in Red Sox’ hot start)
- Arrive. Hit homers. Leave. Sure, that could be Matt Stairs‘ tagline too, but so far, David Ortiz is owning that slogan while coming back from bad heels. (David Ortiz back in a Big way)
- *whiff* “Next!” *whiff* “Sit back down!” *whiff* “You’re done!” If you’re in dire need of striking out, then the Red Sox pitching staff is here to serve you! (Red Sox pitching staff among league leaders in strikeouts)
- In 2012, Boston sent away Josh Reddick for a closer in Andrew Bailey. After battling injuries, another offseason & another closer, Bailey has got the job that he was traded for. (Make no mistake, Andrew Bailey is Boston’s closer)
- If you stayed up to see Thursday night’s game through, you saw a short blast from the past pitching in the ninth: Daniel Bard. (For Daniel Bard, A New Beginning – And An Opportunity)
- I’m no manager or anything, but aren’t three catchers a little too many for a 25-man roster? The call-up of Ryan Lavarnway is…well, baffling. (Red Sox recall Lavarnway from Pawtucket)
- We’ve all heard the saying “Money makes the world go round.” Fortunately, that statement applies to Alfredo Aceves‘ little world too. (Alfredo Aceves will report to Triple-A because he wants his money)
- My eyes have seen the glory of the baseball gods… (The Coolest Baseball GIF of All Time)
I like it when my team is leading the AL East. It’s a fun feeling, y’know?