If the BABIP gods covet one team above all the rest, it’s those Baltimore Orioles. Bloop singles everywhere and they’re catching every single liner.
- He may have gotten saddled with the loss, but Alex Wilson did a phenomenal job last night. He’s yet another savior for the beleaguered bullpen. (Alex Wilson’s long journey gives relief to Sox pen)
- The hinges have really been blown right off the bullpen. There’s an overuse of the relievers & fatigue is running rampant. Fresh arms are needed. (Red Sox once again need pitching help)
- Daniel Nava. What a year this guy’s had. He’s transcended the “feel-good story” phase and achieved “All-Star candidate” status. All we have to do is #VoteNava. (Nava enters All-Star discussion)
- As psycho as the man is, Alfredo Aceves did good work Wednesday night. And he showed how solid pitching depth is a real boon to the Red Sox. (Aceves latest example of Sox depth)
- Frustrating. That about sums up the season so far for Will Middlebrooks, and the clock is ticking for him to rebound from this awful start. (Will Middlebrooks: ‘I Lost That Little Spark, That Fire’)
- IT’S HAPPENING. Now the youngest position player in Pawtucket history, top prospect Xander Bogaerts is one step closer to The Show. (Bogaerts promoted to Pawtucket)
- Considering the forward progress we’ve made in baseball with sabermetrics & replay, adhering to old “gentlemen’s” agreements is baffling. (Do Unwritten Rules Still Apply?)
Always a party with you in the outfield, Jonny Gomes.
Takes one pitch for Jonny Gomes to reach his “adventurously played but still pretty nice catch” quota.
— Tim Britton (@TimBritton) June 14, 2013