Not the greatest of starts for the team last night. But there’s three more games left in the series – plenty of time to bounce back.
- All it took was one bad inning, and eight solid ones were made meaningless. Not the best of days – or weeks, for that matter – for the Red Sox closer position. (Red Sox 3, Tigers 4: Andrew Bailey, Pariah)
- Speaking of the closer, Andrew Bailey is no longer the go-to guy. It’s not a physical issue, he says, but with his injury history, you can never be too sure. (Change in closer coming for Red Sox)
- Are you part of the Lacktators? Join John Lackey‘s number one fan club today! Better jump on the bandwagon while there’s still space! (Lackey’s strong outing lost amid loss)
- Two positions, three players. And it doesn’t seem like Stephen Drew, Will Middlebrooks or Jose Iglesias will have a sure-fire spot anytime soon. (Red Sox have plenty of options at shortstop, third base)
- Wil Myers was/is a highly touted prospect. Daniel Nava was cut from college teams. They offered a stark contrast in Fenway earlier this week. (Daniel Nava, Wil Myers And A Road Not Taken By The Red Sox)
- The road back from Tommy John surgery is not easy. Just ask Lowell Spinners’ pitcher Jack McGeary – he missed all of 2011 and most of 2012, and now he’s making a comeback. (Jack McGeary’s new start)
- Are you ready for more Manny Ramirez? Because I’m sure not! No really, I could care less if he came back. Still can’t field or run worth a damn. (Manny Ramirez does not have a job in Japan, wants to return to the majors)
I present to you all: the Towel Fort. In decent resolution, too!
TOWEL FORT by Alfredo Aceves pic.twitter.com/JgD3lWfWsX
— Brett Cowett (@BACowett) June 20, 2013