The Red Sox are the first American League team to reach 50 wins. Yeah, the view’s pretty clear from way up there, isn’t it?
- A walk-off error? The Red Sox will take it. It clinched a series win over the division rival Toronto Blue Jays, and helped widen the lead in the AL East. (Thole’s error gives Red Sox 5-4 win over Blue Jays)
- If you look at the stat line for Shane Victorino‘s Sunday, it’ll show a 0-for-5 figure. But that doesn’t tell the entire story of that game. (Shane Victorino’s great 0-for-5 day, in GIFs)
- Koji Uehara gave up a game-tying bomb to Jose Bautista yesterday, setting off another wave of debates about finding the mythical closer. (Sox no closer to solution at back of bullpen)
- With all the top-tier starting pitchers being locked up before they even touch free agency, teams like the Red Sox & Blue Jays have to find lucrative deals to get their money’s worth. (Red Sox, Blue Jays getting what they paid for on the mound)
- The fact that the hips of Mike Napoli haven’t caused any trouble during the season makes me happy enough to like him so far. (Taking Stock Of The Mike Napoli Project)
- When he was called up, Brandon Snyder was just an afterthought – a guy needed for corner infielder depth. He’s made people rethink that notion. (Snyder makes good on first start with Sox)
- No no no no no no no and more no. Just don’t do it, Cherington. (Report: The Red Sox want Michael Young “badly”)
Geez, Koji, you couldn’t find a more recent song?
Every time Koji Uehara comes out to "Sandstorm," I'm reminded of every awkward dance I went to in high school.
— Tim Britton (@TimBritton) June 30, 2013