The #Lacktators fan club is accepting members. Don’t wait any longer – join today and watch as 2013 becomes even more awesome.
- And at the forefront of that fan club, John Lackey is having one hell of a 2013. Last night was just another gem to add to the now- growing collection. (Lackey leads Red Sox over Padres)
- David Ortiz wasn’t gonna miss out on the fun either, as his power-hitting ways have propelled him to achieve some lofty numbers as of late. (Milestone for David Ortiz)
- Looks like all Brandon Snyder needs is a week in the majors and he’ll do things. Great things. Things that will make you cheer until your throat flies out. (Snyder comes through for Sox with bases loaded)
- On the surface, it’s strange – the Red Sox haven’t hit many homers lately, yet are leading the majors in runs scored. Do they have to hit homers, or can they keep this going? (Strange Formula: Can Red Sox Keep Winning Without Home Run Power?)
- We’ve all been frustrated with Mike Napoli. But he’s been hitting well enough that his value is still afloat, and don’t worry, the home runs will soon come. (Mike Napoli’s power outage shouldn’t last forever)
- Bullpen troubles? The Red Sox have something of an understaffed ‘pen now. But they shouldn’t look elsewhere for a fill-in, when answers are in Pawtucket. (As July dawns, Boston’s bullpen is in flux)
- Congrats to Homer Bailey of the Cincinnati Reds, for throwing yet another no-hitter. Psst, Sox fans: he was a 7th overall pick too. (Homer Bailey becomes the 28th pitcher in major league history to throw multiple no-hitters)
Win ALL of the pitching titles!
Another two outs without a run for Lackey, not only will he qualify for the ERA title, but he'll rank fourth in the American League.
— Brian MacPherson (@brianmacp) July 3, 2013