All hail Ben Cherington, for he has brought upon this team a solution to a vital need in the form of one Jake Peavy. Well done sir, well done.
- “There’s a right way and a wrong way for a team to go for it. This is the right way.” Need I say more about this trade? Because Jeff Sullivan’s said it all. (Red Sox Gain Peavy, Lose Little)
- The Peavy trade was a huge drop in baseball’s not-so-small pond. So there’s gonna be some ripple effects throughout both the league and the team. (The many side effects of the Peavy deal)
- Around noon yesterday, there were some rumors that Giancarlo Stanton might actually be traded to Boston. Didn’t happen, but that would be one doozy of a trade. (Sox would give up ‘whatever it takes’ for Giancarlo Stanton)
- You could sense the anxiety from Sox fans when Jackie Bradley Jr. was pulled from his game in Pawtucket. It’s just a sore arm, guys… (No deal involving Bradley Jr. in the works)
- The logjam on the left side of the infield has been lessened a bit, and guys, our favorite utility infielder is coming back: Brock Holt! o/ (Red Sox Replacing Jose Iglesias With Brock Holt)
- Wait, there was a game last night? Seriously? I thought it was just Peavy and only Peavy. Seems like Brandon Workman did some things too. (Workman gets first win as Red Sox beat Mariners)
- We want replay! *clap clap clapclapclap* We want replay! *clap clap clapclapclap* (If MLB, like the NFL, used instant replay . . .)
Our glorious editor lets us know the quality of who we’re getting.
As an FYI over the past 2 years, Peavy has a better SIERA than Kuroda, Moore, Buchholz, Lester, Weaver, Zimmerman, Cain, Dickey, Lynn, Latos
— Hunter Golden (@HunterGBaseball) July 31, 2013