Not the greatest of trips to Kansas City in recent memory. The giving-up-leads thing…can we not, Red Sox pitching staff? Is there some run prevention there anywhere?
- John Lackey wasn’t at his best, but the normally strong Red Sox offense couldn’t back him up with some runs after a bad first few innings. (Sox can’t back up sub-par John Lackey)
- Scott Boras is going to have one heck of a highlight reel after this Kansas City series. Jacoby Ellsbury was on top of his game, and that’s good news for the impending free agent. (Ellsbury puts his value on full display)
- He started off his major league career very well, but Drake Britton has hit his first speed bump on his road to greatness. Time to face adversity. (Road getting rockier for Sox rookie Drake Britton)
- With Clay Buchholz soon to return, the rotation’s gonna have to dump someone to make room. But John Farrell won’t say a word about it yet. (Farrell mum on rotation once Buchholz returns)
- This road trip has presented a harsh lesson to the Red Sox: this final stretch is not going to be a cake walk whatsoever. (Why This Is Going To Be No Easy Road For The Red Sox)
- As fans, looking back at anything between September 2011 and September 2012 is not very pleasant. But a comparison to this year makes it all better. (Poised for playoffs)
- So you’re telling me a Cuban player with All-Star potential has just recently defected and might make it on to the free agent market soon? Where do I sign up? (Report: Top Cuban slugger Jose Dariel Abreu defects)
GO FORTH, LOYAL SUBJECTS.
BRING ME JOSE DARIEL ABREU. BRING HIM TO ME NOW.
— Hunter Golden (@HunterGBaseball) August 12, 2013