Ooh, qualifying offers and value identifiers and all kinds of not-playing-baseball types of stuff! Aren’t you just so excited for this? Because I’m like meh.
- One thing the 2013 Red Sox had that the 2012 team didn’t: depth. Lots of it. When your main guys go down in the season, you rely on who’s behind them. (The key to 2013, depth still very much a Red Sox priority)
- Anything’s possible, especially when it comes to free agency, where even a mystery team gets a big player or two. Who could the Sox go out and get this time? (Red Sox 2013 Offseason: Free Agent Possibilities)
- Of all the players to be handed qualifying offers from the Red Sox, Stephen Drew was the most curious. Why would he get offered one at this juncture? (What’s The Fascination With Stephen Drew?)
- The inevitable thumb surgery for Dustin Pedroia has come. He might need a more complicated surgery in the end because he played so hard on it. Yep. (MRI shows Pedroia needs thumb surgery)
- Yesterday, it was said that the Sox denied the Cubs permission to interview Torey Lovullo. But now there’s reports that they didn’t even call? This is weird. (Gammons: Cubs ‘did not call’ Red Sox about Torey Lovullo)
- Hey guys, guess what? REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY YES YES YES (Replay got its first test last night)
- We should get a petition going so that President Obama grows a beard. (Obama: Red Sox title ‘theraputic’ for Boston)
The current state of Yankees fans.