It’s been a long while since baseball happened. It needs to start up again soon. Like this boredom is pretty damn unacceptable. WHERE YOU AT, MLB?
- Exactly how much can the Red Sox safely spend? As we all know, there isn’t a salary cap in the MLB, but that luxury tax threshold is looming. (How Much Can The Red Sox Spend This Winter? A 2014 Payroll Breakdown)
- By now, the Red Sox have to be in on the pursuit for Brian McCann. He’s going to command a large contract, but add hindsight to it, and Boston should be wary. (Brian McCann pursuit recalls ugly past)
- I don’t want to say he’s good as gone, but yeah, that’s what Jacoby Ellsbury is right now. With the money he can command, it looks like he won’t be back. (Preparing to say goodbye to Jacoby Ellsbury)
- Sure, let’s trade the farm for Giancarlo Stanton. The Red Sox certainly have the assets to do so, but should they? It would be one heck of a risk. (Red Sox should pursue Giancarlo Stanton [and this time, it could even happen])
- There is a third option out there other than McCann and Salty. Carlos Ruiz is a solid catcher, and the Sox have recently checked in on him. (Carlos Ruiz free agent rumors: Red Sox doing ‘due diligence’ on C)
- I mean, I promoted David Ortiz ’14 too, but not to this extent. (Ortiz wins most write-in votes for Boston mayor)
- Well, yeah, not everyone’s football-player size, guys. (Tom Brady Can’t Get Over How Small Red Sox Players Are)
David Ortiz won the Silver Slugger at DH for the sixth time. Carry on.
— Tim Britton (@TimBritton) November 7, 2013