There’s still some wheels turning in the great baseball machine, but they’re turning slowly. There’s still some deals to be made, sure, but they aren’t on the horizon.
- David Ortiz didn’t win Sportsman of the Year (a travesty), but he deserves all the hyperbole and accolades we can find. He was that good. (He’s not the Sportsman of the Year, but David Ortiz deserves endless accolades)
- When it comes to workhorses like Ortiz, extension talks shouldn’t be on the backburner. Go out there and get it done now, because he’s earned it. (Red Sox shouldn’t hesitate on Ortiz extension)
- The sane goes for guys like Jon Lester. If you want him to still be on your team in the foreseeable future, you have to get a deal done now. (Patience Might Not Be The Play When It Comes To David Ortiz, Jon Lester)
- The Red Sox have a envy-inducing collection of great prospects in Double-A Portland & Triple-A Pawtucket, and the Sox are adding more coaches for more player polish. (With elite prospects on the way, PawSox coaching staff expanded)
- Not only did the Red Sox save themselves from going over the tax threshold by trading for Jonathan Herrera, they got a really, really good fielder in the process. (Red Sox pay less for utility)
- Kevin Youkilis is leaving for Japan. The Pantheon of Greek gods has lost the one governing walks. (Kevin Youkilis heads to Japan)
- Narratives be damned. You can love them all you want, but you can’t predict baseball, nor could you stop the 2013 Red Sox. (A True Narrative)
Uh, what? The Orioles backed out for nothing?