And now the cascade of signings has begun. Pitchers going cross-country, outfielders being signed by the worst GM in baseball…fun times, guys. Fun times.
- It’s no secret that the Red Sox have employed Bill James for 10 years now. After the debacles of last year, they might’ve actually listened to him in ’13. (Bill James Handbook gives insight on what happened & what’s ahead for Sox)
- It sounds ever so awful, but Mike Napoli might be leaving the Red Sox this offseason. Since he hasn’t re-signed quickly, should Boston prepare to move on? (Should the Red Sox move on from Mike Napoli?)
- Just because Carlos Ruiz is off the market doesn’t mean the Red Sox are out of options at catcher. Having tons of money helps. (Ruiz gone, but plenty of catching options remain for deep-pocketed Red Sox)
- He’s not as healthy as some options but he’s got serious power. It wouldn’t hurt the Red Sox to look in on Corey Hart this offseason. (Corey Hart Says Red Sox Among Teams That Have Contacted Him)
- Oh look, it’s the Rule 5 draft! Gotta protect them players, y’all. That means it’s roster stashing time in Red Sox land. (Red Sox add prospects Cecchini, Brentz, Ranaudo to 40-man roster)
- This whole saga just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. (A-Rod walks out on his own arbitration, calls it a “farce”)
That’s ANCIENT HISTORY, Jonah. We don’t talk about that.
Kids, you won't remember this, but Alex Rodriguez was once a spectacularly likable shortstop for the Seattle Mariners.
— Jonah Keri (@jonahkeri) November 20, 2013