Sure the Red Sox are not off to the best start, but let’s not forget that it’s still spring training and these games are absolutely meaningless.
- Since Ryan Dempster retired, Jake Peavy has become an extremely important member of the Red Sox staff. But the veteran right hander’s recent injury history begs to question how much he can contribute. (Will Jake Peavy stay healthy in 2014?)
- After an injury last August, Shane Victorino was forced to ditch switch hitting. The right fielder ended up finding great success from the right side. Now he may never bat lefty again. (Victorino may abandon switch -hitting)
- When spring training began, Jackie Bradley appeared to have the center field job locked up. But after a hot start by Grady Sizemore, the Red Sox young prospect has some competition. (Healthy Sizemore battles Bradley for starting job)
- Major League Baseball is an 145 year old institution that’s hosted millions of players, so it’s not every day that baseball seems like a tight knit community. (Travis Shaw becomes John Farrell’s first second-generation teammate)
- It’s always interesting to get a behind the scenes look at free agent negotiations. Especially when it involves a team as tight lipped as the Red Sox. (Baseball’s free agency follows many paths)
- Tweet of the weekend. Perhaps the tweet of the year.
They should apologize for their regular season lineup.
— John W. Henry (@John_W_Henry) March 8, 2014