It’s that time again for a new poll. The Red Sox have been linked to quite a few free agents lately. Most notably, these names include Hiroki Kuroda, Nick Swisher, Russell Martin, Mike Napoli, Adam LaRoche, Anibal Sanchez and Torii Hunter. Out of these names, what do you think the biggest priority is? Please vote, and feel free to leave a comment! We are allowing you to select MULTIPLE options if you feel the team must add more than one of the names!
The previous poll asked what the top priority of the club should be. Here are your answers below, with finding a No. 2 or 3 starting pitcher at the top of the list. That’s not particularly surprising, as it’s clear the Sox need some significant rotation depth. However, there’s a question as to if it should be their long-term priority. Keep in mind the Sox now have a fairly deep stable of upper-minor pitching prospects so while there may be a need the next year or two, is there a need three or four years down the road?
- Finding a #2/#3 SP (47%, 151 Votes)
- Not handing out dumb contracts (28%, 92 Votes)
- Acquiring a young, solid bat to for the middle of the lineup (10%, 34 Votes)
- Trading Jacoby Ellsbury (7%, 22 Votes)
- Finding a long-term 1B (6%, 21 Votes)
- Finding a long-term corner OF (2%, 4 Votes)