Guys, I’m making the 2013 Baseball Hall of Fame class reunion letters and need some creative – oh. Right. Blank ballots, morality debates, and no players voted in. Here’s some links for you all while I stare at this situation incredulously.
- Of all people not to be voted in, why leave out the guy with the world-famous dirty laundry? Compared to the pitchers that will be eligible next year, Curt Schilling might not get in the Hall for a long while. (The forgotten man of the 2013 Hall of Fame vote)
- The Baseball Writers’ Association of America, unsurprisingly, is way behind the rest of the baseball world when it comes to HoF candidacy. It’s like sports’ version of Congress, only without a fiscal cliff. (A decade later, the eyes suddenly have it for the Hall)
- Seriously, any time there’s a story about Daniel Nava and adversity, I have to read it. He’s just walking inspiration. (Nava preparing for spring)
- Wake and rake, everyone. Will Middlebrooks made Keith Law’s list of the 25 best players 25-years-old or younger. (Keith Law Ranks Will Middlebrooks #22 On 25-Under-25 List)
- While the World Baseball Classic isn’t all bad, the Red Sox have been on the receiving end of some bad seasons from players that participated…ok, Daisuke Matsuzaka wasn’t really all that great in the first place, but he could’ve done better. (Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz should skip WBC)
- The Red Sox & Mike Napoli continue talks. In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet, and Michael Bay loves explosions. (Cherington on Napoli: ‘We’re still talking’)
- Just in case you guys wanted to know what it’ll take to land a young, premier outfielder, here you go. Details and all. (Justin Upton Rejects Trade To Mariners)
- I’ve never been creeped out by a member of the 600 HR club before. Not to this extent. (Sammy Sosa Is on Pinterest, Has Numerous Poses for You)
Also, Joel Hanrahan took over the Red Sox Twitter account for a day and replaced its avatar with a long-haired version of himself. Unlike that last link, this was pretty hysterical – in a good, fun, non-strange way.